Monday 23 May 2011

Reading the Blogs

Good Evening Everyone,
I am so pleased I keep reading as many blogs as I can, it keeps me in touch with what is happening at all the Alpaca Farms everywhere in the country from Lands End to John of Groats.Having bread cattle for almost twenty years, and then actually getting into breeding Alpacas has totally changed my life.
When Ann and I first started breeding Alpacas, about six years ago I did not envisage where the journey would take us. well let me tell you, to wake up in the morning, like I do very early, normally about five, and walk my paddocks, feeding my girls and boys,makes me feel ecstatic, especially seeing the new cria snugglig up to their Mums, and actually coming over to me to say Hello.
I really feel upset and know many other Alpaca breeders must feel the same
about how TB has changed our lives in taking our lovely girls and boys to Alpaca Shows. I do know that Fleece Shows are being supported, but the thrill of taking your Alpaca into the ring, to be Judged, is amazing, especially if you win a rosette.
I do not have all the answers, because there are far more breeders out there, more experienced than myself, but looking at a fleece, which really is what Alpaca breeding is all about, or seeing the Alpaca in the show ring, I know which I prefer, seeing the Alpaca standing proud to be judged on Fleece, and Stature is the only way for me.We here at Chase-End -Alpacas are fully into Bio Secirity and will always put our herd first. That is why we have not shown any of our Alpacas at any shows for the last two years, even though we are in an TB free area.
I only hope in the very near future, that things will change, like they did with Foot and Mouth, and we can all get back to showing our Alpacas like we used to.I realise that may be some time away, but I can only hope it will be sooner than later, because I really think, without us Breeders showing our Alpacas, how will we get the interest we need from the outside world. I only hope I have explained how I feel properly to you all, and would love to hear any of your comments, about my feelings,
Good night to you all,
Chase-End-Joe.

No comments: