Monday 2 August 2010

A very Trying Week

Well Good Day to you all,
last week was a very trying week, Strawberry Cheesecake is still hanging on, my gooodness what a size she is, still something must happen soon.We are keeping a close eye on her for now.As the midwife keeps telling me she will come, when she is ready Da.I suppose she is right once again.
Then out of the blue,the Poo Picker blew up, engine completely seized. I phoned my son in law Jamie, and he and his boy Ashley, came straight over, and had it stripped down within the hour. I phoned Paul the Paddock man and he is sorting the spare parts we need, to get us back on the road, we cannot go back to hand picking, it takes forever.
We then had a lovely finish to the week. My wife Ann was having her old fashioned Tea party, to raise funds for the Marie Curie nurses, who we all know do a fantastic job.Saturday we erected the small marquees, which were to seat sixty people, there were just over seventy, when we did our final count. I must say what a brilliant day it turned out to be. Everyone was seated in there own groups, and served tea and sandwiches, followed by scones, fresh cream and jam, and of course a full arrangement of cakes, all homemade. Ann had worked so hard all week, baking and making sure she had enough china, so everyone had a lovely place setting, it was absolutely lovely pet I congratulate you, and all your helpers, you did extremely well, and I love you for it.Just to add Ann raised just under nine hundred pounds on the day.Well done love.
I think it is time for me to start work now, as the sun is shining, and there is plenty of work to do today, Toe trimming to start with, speak to you all soon.
Chase End Joe.

No comments: