Sunday 27 March 2011

A bit nippy

Good morning everyone,
well we cannot complain about the weather this last week, it has been lovely here in Essex, but I must admit today is nippy, there is a cold wind blowing today.
Never mind it is better than rain and it will be lighter tonight, with the clocks going forward, gives us a much better chance to get all the jobs done here on the farm.It is nice to see the grass starting to grow, but it does mean another job to do,cutting it. Mind we are lucky in one respect, the Alpacas do keep the grass nice and short in the paddocks and surrounding areas where we can let them into.
It is time for me to start and do all my repair work to my fences, the ground is still soft enough, to put any new posts in,and I have to build another field shelter,as a paddock I normally use only for grazing is going to be, for the pregnant mums, when they are ready to give birth.I do love that time of year when you see the new cria been born.
My wife Ann is off to the garden centre today, time for planting, which she knows quite a bit about[ ME ] I just cut the grass. There is a story about that, which I will tell you about in the next blog.
Well time to get back out and start again all this jabbering will get me no where, so bye for now,
Chase-End-Joe.

No comments: